1. A medium sized weekender bag.
2. Prepping is a must. Since I knew we were going to be getting to our destination around 3 and dinner was at 5 I had to come up with a plan to make my getting ready process a bit shorter. So before I left the house, I washed my hair. I didn't use any conditioner because I didn't want my hair to be weighed down. I lightly sprayed my hair down with my Loreal Dry Oil and ran a small amount of Big Sexy Hair Blow Dry Volumizing Gel through before grabbing my blow dryer. After blow drying, I sprayed my Tresemme Thermal Creations Curl Activator Spray lightly over all of my hair and combed it through. My hair was now prepped and ready for styling a few hours later. I applied some face moisturizer and was on my way.
3. For the ride there: A broken in pair of boyfriend jeans, a plain white fitted tee, a comfy cardi (cardigan for those of you who don't use the word cardi for short ;)) and don't forget a cozy pair of moccasins. (Mine are a couple of years old and probably should have been thrown out long ago BUT I CANT LET THEM GO! They're just too cozy.)
Sorry for the shaky picture. I'm literally writing this on my ride home.
4. Two organizer bags:
•one for hair and toiletries
In the first pouch:Toothbrush, deodorant, a small makeup bag of bobby pins and accessories.
In the second pouch: Hairspray, paddle brush and a hair tie.
In the third pouch: Hair Tools. I brought a reverse wand and my curl perfect curling iron just in case I wanted looser curls. Hey, just because you pack minimally doesn't mean you can't have options... Amirite??!!!
•one for makeup
With a bag like this, you can easily pack everything you will need for a full face of makeup and organize your brushes so that they don't get ruined in you bag.
5. A versatile eyeshadow palette
I brought my Lorac Pro palette 1) because I love it. 2) because it has a nice selection of matte and shimmer 3) because it's compact and easy to store and 4) it contains a range of colors that can be used for day or night looks.
6. In your weekender bag: A long T-shirt to sleep in. A pair of yoga leggings and an oversized sweater for the ride home. Your organizer bags. Phone charger.
Last but not least, the reason for the whole trip...
7. A garment bag with a classic little black dress and matching shoes. You can use the cardigan you wore on the ride up to complete the look.
**unfortunately I completely forgot to take pictures**
Throw it all in the car and you are on your way!
Hope you liked the tips!
Thanks for stopping by The Messy Vanity,