Follow Me!

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Meeting Delia

I had the lovely opportunity on meeting the talented Delia Ephron yesterday. She is a best selling author, screenwriter and playwright. Ever heard of the movie, You've Got Mail? What about The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants or BeWitched? Umm yeah, that was her doing. She was at my job promoting her new book The Lion is In. She was a fabulous speaker and so funny. She spoke about her first trip to North Carolina, which being a southern(ish) girl myself, I thought it interesting to hear how someone who hasn't been there views it. She also spoke about the fact that although her books are fiction, she still reaches within her personal experiences to add shape and emotion to each book. Its really inspired me to think about my past, take each experience and try to discover what Ive learned from them. Good or bad, something was taken from each event.

Her book The Lion is In sounds like my kinda book... chicks on the run?!... Cant really go wrong there. AMIRITE!!




Here is a picture of Delia and I while she was signing books. Not the best picture but a nice memory.

Hope you've enjoyed this entry and I definitely recommend everyone checking out this book, or any of her books for that matter.

Thanks for stopping by,
Kat

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Katia! I am always looking for a new book to read!

    ReplyDelete