Follow Me!

Friday, October 9, 2015

Getting Natural with The Balm Jovi Palette



It's been quite a while since I've done a blog post, but slowly but surely I'm gettin back into the groove of things. The Messy Vanity Facebook page has been boomin lately and I'm finally able to find time to post more often. This morning I was scrolling through Makeup Social and someone was asking about The Balms Balm Jovi palette. It just so happened to be a palette that I got a while back but seems to get lost in the midst of all my other palettes. It's such an awesome palette and after letting her know my thoughts on it, I decided today was the day I was going to do a quick tutorial using this palette. 




I'm off to the mall to get some school clothes shopping done with my kids (I know. What a nightmare, right!) so I thought I try to do a natural look with a bit of shimmer. Since this palette has the potential for so many different looks, creating this look was a cinch. Hope you like it.

I applied my primer and foundation, contoured and did my brown to give a "blank canvas" to work on. 

I started out by putting Adagio all over the lid ending just below the brow line. 

This gave a nice neutral area to work on. 


Then, using the same brush, I picked up some Allegro and brushed it in to enhance the crease. 


Next, I took a clean fluffy brush and softened it up with a bit of blending. 

See what's difference a little color can make!


Changing to a flat brush, I took the Disco, Disco solid gold luminizer and applied it to the lid up to the crease. Don't be shy, really pack it on there. 



Then I applied the same luminizer to my tear duct and to the highest points on the brow bone. 

After that I took a stiff angled brush and applied Presto along the upper lash line and halfway across the lower lash line. 





I then curled my lashes and applied mascara (I used Smashbox). 


And finally, I finished it off with a natural timed lip gloss by Lorac. 



Hope you liked this simple and clean look       

Thanks for stopping by The Messy Vanity!
Kat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment