Follow Me!

Saturday, July 6, 2013

How to TWEEZE your TWEEN!

Let's face it, there comes a day in every girls life when its just time to turn those fuzzy caterpillars over your eyes into beautifully arched eyebrows. Today was the day for my daughter. I never thought that she would want me to be the first to do them, I thought she would want me to take her to get them waxed or even threaded! So naturally I was thrilled when she asked me to give her brows a little plucking. Actually, I probably got too excited. The look on her face said "Calm down, Mom. It's not that serious." and I'm sure she was rolling her eyes on the inside. Maybe even on the outside but I was so happy that I didn't notice. Oh well, moving along.




Despite what my daughter may have thought, I decided this would be a great opportunity to turn this into a tutorial. Now I'm sure there are some moms that are gonna scoff at the fact that I'm tweezing an 11 year olds brows. I'm also sure there are people who are going to judge me as a mother. To those women (or men) I say this... You do what you want for your daughters, I'll do what I want for mine.

My daughter is going to middle school and if this is something that is going to make her feel good about herself, so be it! I'm not saying to fill them or color them, I'm just saying to shape em up and keep them tamed. We all know by that age it can be A JUNGLE UP THERE! So with that said I give you....

How to TWEEZE your TWEEN.

Step 1. Make sure the area is cleaned with your tweens usual cleanser. Also, good lighting is crucial.
Step 2. Brush the brows several time following the natural hair growth pattern.
Step 3. Once they are brushed, you will see a natural arch within the chaos. Follow that natural line.                   Everything else must go.
Step 4. Begin above the brow and clean up the fine hairs that tend to grow on your upper browline. This will help you to form the arch. Make sure that you're pulling in the direction of the hair growth. It's less painful.
Step 5. Once you're done with the upper browline, begin plucking the outer, lower area of the brow and work your way to the inner brow following the natural arch that you noticed in Step 3. 
Step 6. Shape the inner most part of your brow so that it aligns with their nostril. (follow the diagram below if you need more direction)
Step 7. Clean up between the eyes and take one more look to make sure you didn't miss anything.

The result is a youthful and tamed brow.

Thanks for stopping by The Messy Vanity,
Kat



No comments:

Post a Comment