Follow Me!

Sunday, January 5, 2014

These are a few of my favorite things....

I realize, it's been quite a while since I've done one of these segments and I think it's about that time.
So often I get questions about which mascara do I think is best, which liner do I use most, what do I use on my hair? And a lot of the time I can't just pick one. In my opinion, the products I use on any given day are based on the look I'm trying to achieve. For instance, I see all of these blog posts about makeup brushes and what each brush is for and although the purpose of each brush is a good start, I hardly ever use a brush solely for what it's supposed to be for. Some days a lip brush can be just a lip brush but it can also be a great tool for packing loose pigment shades onto smaller areas of you lids to add a pop of color or create dimension. At other times a large fluffy crease brush can be used to contour the sides of your nose. An angled brow brush can create a crisp line when using gel liner. I'm getting a bit off topic but the point is, it's all about the look you are going for and the easiest way for you to achieve that look. You get the point. So back to my favorite things. 

I've put together a few things that I use regularly and seem to be my "go to" products since I've purchased them. These are products that I find myself reaching for "just in case". Products that I think "Ok if this look doesn't work, I could always just use ______ and it will all pull together". Some of them are just products that I use everyday no matter what look I'm trying to create and some of them are products I've listed a number of times before. 

So now that I've rambled, gotten off topic and gotten back on, let's get started.
  1. Revlon Colorstay Liquid Foundation - I've used it everyday since my first purchase and have repurchased several times since then. THIS STUFF REALLY WORKS PEOPLE! It stays put all day and has medium coverage. 
  2. e.l.f. Cosmetics Essential Foundation Brush - I've always been a sponge or finger applicator type of girl but my curiosity about using a foundation brush really got to me one day and after purchasing this brush, my sponge using days were over. 
  3. e.l.f. Studio Countouring Blush and Bronzing Powder in St. Lucia -  I use this everyday. The blush is a beautiful shade and the bronzer is perfect for contouring. I think it's safe to say I've repurchased this one at least 5 times. 
  4. Milani Brow Fix Kit - Not only is this kit great for filling in brows, but it also provides a perfect taupe shade for adding dimension to your crease or you can use the same shade as a transition color when applying eyeshadow. The highlight shade is perfect for brow bone and adding shimmer to the inner corners of your eye. The kit also comes with a mini brow brush, sponge tip shadow applicator and mini tweezers for brow shaping on the go. 
  5. Lorac Pro Palette - You've seen and heard me talk about this one time and time again since I got it. It's the most versatile palette I think I've ever tried. Day looks, night looks, glam looks, etc. This palette pretty much can do it all. It has a nice variety of matte and shimmer and the palette itself is thin and compact which makes it easy to travel with. Also, a little goes a long way. If you are looking for a versatile palette that's a reasonable price, it's this one! Highly, highly, highly recommend. 
  6. Lorac Front of the Line Pro Liner - Again, another great product from Lorac. I purchased this one the same day and am pleasantly pleased. I've used this liner just about everyday. Whether I'm creating a thin or thick line, this liner glides on easily and smooth. 
  7. CoverGirl Professional Super Thick Lash Mascara - I kind of bought this mascara on a whim when my other favorite mascara was discontinued. It was only $5.99 and all I can say is WOW. I am so surprised by how well this mascara works. It separates my lashes and thickens them with no flaking throughout the day. I'm definitely going to purchase this again. 
  8. Mirabella Colour Sheers Lipstick in Daydream - I couldn't find the link to the exact shade but the formula for this is great. The shade itself, DayDream, is a perfect mauve. For olive toned skin like mine, I tend to lean towards the mauvey type shades for everyday looks. I received this one in one of my Ipsy bags and have used it ever since. 
  9. Loreal Multi-Restorative Dry Oil - I use just a few spritzes after I wash my hair. Brush it through and it leaves my hair soft and shiny all day long. This is another product that a little goes a long way. My hair feels healthier and more bouncy when I use this. 
  10. Big Sexy Hair Volumizing Blow Dry Gel - Another great product that I  received in my one of Ipsy bags. I love the way it adds volume and texture to my hair which makes it so much easier to style. I've repurchased this product since I received the sample in my bag and will continue to purchase it. If you're looking for that extra oomph in your hair routine, give this product a try. 
Well y'all, that's all for this segment of These Are a Few of My Favorite Things. I hope you all have a chance to try some of the products listed and let me know what you think. Good or bad, I'd love to hear your thoughts. Leave your comments in the area below or post your thoughts on The Messy Vanity Facebook Page

Thanks for stopping by The Messy Vanity and hope you come back soon! 

Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment