Follow Me!

Monday, August 18, 2014

These are a few of my favorite things: 9 products I cant live without



Its been way too long since I have put together a "favorite things" list. With so many great products out there, its so hard to narrow it down and say that I love just one mascara or just one hairspray... or just one of

anything really. But I've managed to put together a small list and broken it down into categories. Enjoy!


Hair

This is by far the best dry shampoo I have ever used. It doesn't leave your hair dull or white looking and there's no residue feel throughout the day . A Little goes a long way so even the smallest can will last you a long time.

I bought this a Dimensions when i got my hair done and have used it most everyday since. Just a small dime sized amount leaves my hair silky smooth and best of all, it smells terrific. Big, big Fan of this product.
  • Big Sexy Hair Get Layered 
    This was a product I picked up at my last mini Ulta haul and I am so glad I did. I love the way it leaves my hair shiny and places just the right amount of hold without feeling heavy or sticky. This one is perfect for keeping your curls curly yet bouncy and soft.

Body

Sadly, I am still searching for a body/face wash that doesn't dry my skin out. My usual body and face wash is getting harder and harder to find so I have had to try out some alternatives. Still, I have nothing. I have substituted my body bar with a cocoa butter bar which, I am sorry to say is NOT making my "favorite things" list. I just had to mention it so you guys didn't think I was using nothing to wash my body. ;) On the plus side, In my quest for moisturized skin and a good facial wash, I have found a few products that did make the list.
  • PeterThomasRoth Anti Aging Facial Cleansing gel 
    I received a sample of this in my Ulta bag and after giving it a try, I was hooked. I wash my face with this every evening. It not only removes all of the dirt & makeup from my face but it leaves no feeling of residue. My skin feels soft and it doesn't seem to leave any dryness. It's a little on the pricier side than what I'm used to but it seems to be worth it. 
  • Burt's Bees Sugar Scrub 

I use this all over my body about once a week to remove the dead skin. Just scrub, scrub, scrub all over and it leaves my skin so soft. It smells great too! 

  • Baby Oil Gel  
    This stuff is magical! Whether its Johnson's brand or generic. I put this stuff on everyday just out of the shower when my skin is still wet. It leaves my skin so soft and it's great for softening rough elbows.

Face

  • Motives Mavens Sculpt Series in Fire  
    Now that I've really gotten the hang of this palette, I've found myself reaching for it more and more often. It's perfect for contour, highlight, brows, concealer.... If you're looking for a creamy contour palette, I highly recommend this one. The formula is great and it's so versatile.
  • NYX Butter Gloss in Eclair 
I got this in my July Ipsy bag and it has not left my side since. I use it alone as well as over my lipstick. The shade of pink is just right for adding a natural pink tone to bare lips and can be buildable to add more pigment. It also adds just the right amount of pink to any lipstick color. It's not too thick, not too sticky and best of all... It's only $5!! 

  • Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara 
    Everyone has different mascara demands and I for one have to have a mascara that both fans my lashes out and adds loads and loads of volume. This one does the trick. I've tried and loved many mascaras but I think I can honestly say this one has my heart. For me and my lashes, it's perfect. The brush shape hugs my lashes perfectly and I get a nice natural volumized look. I can use one coat and be just fine or build it up to add drama. I just love, love, love this mascara.
Well that's it for my "favorite things list. If you have any of these products, I would love to hear what you think. If you don't have these but are wondering what the fuss is about, I have linked each product back to its original site. You can also find most of these products at Ulta.

Thanks for stopping by The Messy Vanity

Kat

Whats New?
This weekend I bought the Anastasia Beverly Hills Amrezy palette. I have been wanting this one for a while and I am super excited to start trying out so many different new looks. I also bought the NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Transylvania which I am super stoked about wearing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment