Follow Me!

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Quick Look: Messy bun tutorial

Sometimes I just don't feel like doing anything with my hair. Sometimes even brushing it seems like too much to do. Everyone has days like this. The days where you have to go somewhere but don't really feel like getting ready. My solution.... A messy bun. It's the quickest and the easiest look to create in literally less than 5 minutes! Here's a quick, spur of the moment tutorial on how to get this effortless look.

Step 1: Begin with a large sized hairbun. You can buy one from any accessory store or you can make one. I've made a few using two of my husband's thicker black socks and I'm currently using the one pictured here. (My husband won't let me use his socks anymore ;) ) The key is to get one matching your hair color.

Step 2: Without using a hairbrush, put your hair in a loose ponytail and put your ponytail through the hairbun.

Step 3: Bring the bun up to the end of your ponytail and begin rolling your hair downward.

Step 4: As you roll your hair, gradually spread it around the hairbun and tuck your hair as you roll. Once you've reached the end, secure the bun with a few bobby pins and spray it with hairspray. Do not smooth out any fly always or bumps.

The Finished Look: A messy looking bun that is trendy and effortless and best of all it takes almost no time to do!

I wore mine with natural looking makeup, boho style wooden earrings, an oversized sweater, black leggings and riding boots.

It was put together look that was cozy and warm yet presentable. A great weekend look for winter.




No comments:

Post a Comment